To add or extend McAfee protection to a different computer you need to first access your account after McAfee login and check your subscription license. If you have the required license you can easily install or extend the McAfee protection to another computer.
The process is simple and requires the execution of a few simple steps.want to know how to add another computer to mcafee account, read till the end.
Can you extend McAfee protection to a different device?
Before you can even attempt to secure another computer with McAfee protection, you first need to find out that you can do so or not? Well if you have purchased a single license McAfee product then the answer is NO. You can only install a single license product on one computer. If you want to extend McAfee protection to another computer, you have to purchase an additional license.
However, you can transfer a single license McAfee subscription to a different computer by deactivating it on the previously used PC and activating and install McAfee security on a new laptop. On the other hand, if you have a multi-license McAfee product such as McAfee all access, you can install it on many different computers at the same time.
Install single license McAfee security to different computer
As stated above you can deactivate an existing single license product in one computer and add or install it to a different computer for McAfee protection.
- Just switch on the PC you want to McAfee activate protection and run the internet browser.
- Enter the URL http://home.mcafee.com/ in the address bar and hit enter.
- Navigate to my account and click on sign in.
- Enter your login information, that is your account’s email and password, and press sign in.
- In your McAfee account, you can see the computer where the McAfee antivirus is installed.
- Select the deactivate option to deactivate the license from that computer.
- Now, to activate the protection on a new pc just download the McAfee antivirus and follow the on-screen instruction to McAfee install on the new PC.
Install multi-license McAfee protection to another computer
McAfee multi-license subscription allows McAfee product installation on more than one PC.
- On the pc, you want to add or install McAfee security, open the web browser.
- Navigate to the McAfee home page by entering the http://home.mcafee.com/ URL in the address bar and pressing enter.
- Here login to your account, by entering the login details on the sign-in page.
- In your account press the ‘+’ sign.
- Choose the device type. The number remaining license will be displayed.
- Select the product and click download.
- Once the download is complete install the software and the device will now be under McAfee protection.
Transfer McAfee protections to another computer
IF you have a multi-license McAfee protection installed on your PC, and you want to extend the protection to another computer, you can do so by directly sending an installation link to the target PC.
- From the primary PC sign in to your account after McAfee login.
- Once inside your account, go to my account and press on subscriptions.
- Now click the add device option and choose the operating system.
- Now choose, ‘send link’ and type the email address of the email account on the PC you want to send the link.
- Just press sends an email.
- Now, open the email account on the target PC and click on the email from McAfee.
- Just click the download link provided in the email.
- The download and install process will start. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
Upgrade existing McAfee subscription to add more computers
On your computer press the McAfee icon.
- Click the ‘your subscription’ option and choose, ‘buy subscription’.
- Click on the buy now button.
- Add your payment details and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase process.
- With this new subscription or renew McAfee subscription, you can install a McAfee product on a different computer and bring it under McAfee protection.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to go to McAfee My Account
To go to McAfee My Account, you have to log in to your McAfee Account. In My Account you can check/edit your profile or manage your McAfee subscription, you have to log in to your McAfee My Account.
Can McAfee be used on multiple computers?
If you purchased a multi-license product, such as LiveSafe or McAfee All Access, you can install the product on as many computers and devices you are licensed to protect. To purchase multi-license McAfee software, visit our website at home.mcafee.com/store.
Does McAfee Total Protection remove viruses?
Once McAfee Total Protection login is installed, you’ll be able to scan for viruses and quarantine/remove them.
Can I transfer my antivirus to another computer?
To transfer a license between computers, you will need to remove it from the old computer and activate it on the new one. To do so: Find your activation code: If you bought the product in the Mcafee online store, then your activation code will have been sent to the email you used when making the purchase.
Mcafee Activate Now and Steps to Download, Install, and Activate McAfee
Mcafee Activate Now – Installing software refers to a process of making the device ready to run software or program. user may install McAfee product on the device (Windows or Mac), by following step by step procedure mentioned below:
- First of all, Go to the official website that is mcafee.com/activate.
- Put the activation code and submit and a new page will come that will ask you to log in to your McAfee account.
- Now, select the “My Account” option.
- And then, select the “Sign In” option from the “My Account” drop-down menu.
- On the Sign-in page, type the email address and password of McAfee account in corresponding fields.
- Now, click the “Sign In” button.
- In McAfee’s account, go to the “Subscriptions” section and select McAfee antivirus subscribed by users.
- Now, click on the “Add Device” button displayed in front of selected McAfee products.
- “Add Device” page will appear on the screen. Here, select “Type of Device” on which users want to install subscribed McAfee antivirus products.
- Hence, click the “Download” button displayed at the bottom of the page.
- After successful download to the device, follow the on-screen instruction to install McAfee antivirus subscription to the device.
- Hence the user will get McAfee Product on his device.